Directions to the Cumberland Trail State Park, Head of the Sequatchie:
- From I-40 East or West, take the Peavine Road exit #322 from the interstate. As you turn off the interstate you will go up the ramp and at the light turn left and go over the overpass.
- Continue to go straight thru the next red light. You will come to a 4 way stop, after stopping go straight. You are now on the bypass around Crossville.
- You will follow this until the next red light, at this light turn left. You are now on Hwy 127 going south.
- From the historic Homestead Tower west of Crossville travel approximately 5.7 miles south on US Hwy 127. Turn left on Brown Road.· Travel 0.8 mile on Brown Road to a “T” intersection with stop sign. Turn left onto Rhea Road. (There is no road sign.)
- Travel 0.6 mi on Rhea Road to triangle intersection with Old Hwy 28. Turn right on Old Hwy. 28.
Travel Old State Hwy 28 for 2.6 miles on this narrow road with sharp turns. Watch your speed and the entrance of the Cumberland Trail State Park-Head of the Sequatchie entrance will be on your left (Glyph Parkway). Visitor Parking is at the bottom of the entrance road.
Please refer to the Google Map above for further assistance.
You may also call the Cumberland Trail State Scenic Trail, Head of the Sequatchie Main Office at 423-533-2928
The office hours are M-F 8am-4:00pm CST.
Head of Sequatchie Open Hours 8 am-4pm CST Daily